If you follow my Instagram, @allisgoodblog you will be well aware that I love food. I mean, honestly, who doesn’t?! No friend of mine. But as a lot of people will have experienced, the food that gets the label ‘tasty’ is also tagged with the label ‘unhealthy.’ Man, that sucks.
But you may have also noticed that most the pictures of food that ever go on my Instagram are guilt-free, healthy and still delicious treats! Even though I am fond of chocolate, pizza, fizzy and all the rest, the gross feeling that I have after eating any of this stuff outweighs the nice taste of it on my tongue. I know that the ingredients in what I just ate are bad for my body and I can feel it too; bloating, bad skin etc. And I am sure I am not alone in this, so I decided to share a tasty recipe that I recently tried out and would love for you to re-create and feel great about eating!
STRAWBERRY BLISS BALLS
This recipe has been inspired by Pete Evans’ ‘Family Food’ Cookbook.
- 10 medjool dates
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 punnet of chopped strawberries
- 2 cups of nuts, I used almonds and cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, preferably melted
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- Place all ingredients in food processor (or bowl- I used a hand-held blade and it was fine) and pulse until you have reached the desired texture. I like them mostly smooth, with a bit of crunch from the unprocessed nuts.
- Make sure you have washed your hands and then simply take a chunk of the mixture in your hands and roll it into a ball, whatever size you desire. Roll this ball in coconut until covered and then place on plate or tray
- Repeat until all the mixture are rolled and covered, then place plate into fridge to set- half an hour minimum.
- Enjoy! These balls serve well for about a week, refrigerated.
Please try these out and let me know how they go!
All is Delicious,
PS. I have been hectically busy at the moment and have just back from a wifi-less holiday. I am looking forward to getting right back onto the blogging-wagon asap!